Monday, September 28, 2009

Week 39

If you can't tell, I have spent the past 8 hours having a blogging marathon! I was so behind but I got most of what I wanted captured of our summer posted. Now I can spend the next few weeks baby blogging!

The previous post...50 days and counting was waaay outdated!

We are down to 5 days on the baby watch. 5 days! I can't believe it! It seems like for so long it was so far away and here it is...our last week. No signs this baby is coming anytime in the next 30 days let alone 5! I'm hoping that it will just all happen at once! We are due Sat Oct 3rd. I'm saying Friday Oct 2nd is the day! We'll see how cooperative this child is from the beginning. In some ways, this pregnancy has gone fast, mostly though at a snails pace.

I have mixed emotions as this time draws to an end. I am excited, soo excited to have my baby in my arms. I have found the past 8 weeks extremely difficult. Being pregnant on top of 4 other very active children, really just doesn't mesh very well! I think it will be easier with the baby here! I am excited for the aches and pains of pregnancy to end.

Now for a bit of a personal journal entry:

I am nostalgic...I generally love being pregnant. Not so much this time. I've tried to cherish the moments but the past 9 months have not been as pleasant as previous pregnancies. I was ready to close the pregnancy/new baby chapter in my life 4 years ago and move onto a family of big kids. BUT now, I feel I am somewhat wistful as this one comes to an end. Pregnancy is such a magical time. I didn't expect to experience it again and beings I feel blessed to have gotten to experience it again, I do feel a little sad as it comes to an end. This really is it. I am too old to do this again! :)

I am nervous for this birth...can't explain why other than I guess the older you are the more you know what can go wrong or maybe you just have heard more horror stories. I don't know but I do feel a nervousness that I don't recall feeling with the others. It could also just be that I have been labeled AMA (advance maternal age) one too many times!

More than anything I am excited and filled to the brim of happiness on the thought of bringing home another family member. I can't wait to meet this little one. I can't wait to see what she looks like, I know she will resemble the others but what unique characteristics will she have? I picture dark, curly hair. Will I be right??? I can't wait to hold and snuggle her and count her tiny toes and fingers. But mostly I can't wait to see her grow up with her siblings and find her nitch among us. Megan is so responsible and such a fun, dynamic person to be around. Chase is so kind and thoughtful. Trace is a little fireball but can be so tender with his little sister. Charlee is the tiny package all tied up in a bow. She is so excited about having a little sister. They are all so excited for this baby. I am so thankful!

Steve and I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams with the family that we have. 8.5 years ago when we had Steve's health scare I felt my dreams, my own life was crashing down around me. I was so afraid I wouldn't even have a husband to help raise the 2 children we did have. I so desperately wanted a bigger family. I always pictured 4. But at that time I just prayed to have a husband to help raise the 2 precious kids we did have. Then he got better, he finished graduate school, we got pregnant with Trace which I felt was a miracle! Now here we are...8+ years down the road. Steve is healthy, he has finished his Masters. He has a great job that he enjoys and really enjoys working with/learning from his coworker. I am blessed to get to stay home to raise our children, and we have not 4 but 5 beautiful, wonderful, happy, talented children! I count my blessings every day!

My emotions are tender as we approach this much anticipated event. Thank You Heavenly Father for my bounteous blessings!!! I love my husband and am so thankful for our family.

Well now that I have spent the day on the computer...I have just a few minutes to pick up after Charlee and make it look like I accomplished something this day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails