Thursday, August 7, 2008

Growing Pains

Charlee will be 3 in a few weeks, (unbelievable!!!) The kids do swim classes at our local gym. Charlee is now old enough to start a swim class. Last night when I went to the gym, she promised she would go to class so I could work out. Well once we got there, she wouldn't swim, she wouldn't go to the daycare, nothing but cry and cling to me. So instead of getting an hour of working out I just sat at the pool and watched Trace in his swim class with Charlee on my lap. I couldn't believe she wouldn't even go to the daycare because she has gone there since she was newborn. But we were gone all summer...I'm sure that didn't help.

I have decided I have babied her way too much. So last night I decided things were going to change. Starting with her sleeping in her own bed. Last night at bedtime as I was explaining to her that she was almost 3 and that is a big girl and it was time she grew up a little bit and acted like a big girl; she cried, "But I don't want to grow up". It made me smile despite the difficult task at hand. My heart crunched a bit because on one hand I do feel sad that my baby is growing up but on the other hand, I am so excited and ready for her to be more independent so I can have more time to myself and we can do more things as a "big kid" family! I guess there's still some growing pains for me as well as Charlee.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails