Monday, May 10, 2010

Treasures

Had a great weekend! LOVED having my parents visit us.


Loved getting to spend Mother's Day w/ my mom.

The first one in a long time we were together.



Chase spoke in church yesterday.

Mom + 5 = Mothers Day 2010
Megan sang w/ the YW. Very special.  This morning when I turned on my computer...Chase had left his talk open. I couldn't resist copying and pasting it here. I cried yesterday, I cried this morning reading it again and I want the opportunity to read it over and over again, definately a treasure to hold onto, so here it is...Thank You Chase...I am so proud of the Young Man you are!
--------------------------------------------------
Good morning,

My name is Chase Mayo, and I was asked to tell you about how wonderful mothers are.

My mother is the most beautiful, wonderful, amazing person I know. I should know this because she has always been in my life. She’s always taught me how to make the right decision. In the Saturday morning session of this latest General Conference in April, Elder M. Russell Ballard tells us (begin quote) “Love your mother…Respect her. Listen to her. Trust her. She has your best interests at heart. She cares about your eternal safety and happiness. So be kind to her. Be patient with her imperfections, for she has them. We all do.” (End quote). I know my mom isn’t perfect but who is. My mom tries her hardest to make sure I’m safe, sheltered, and comfortable. She makes sure I’m well fed and fully clothed. She makes sure that I am as happy as can be and when I’m not, I know she’s there for me to talk to. My dad has taught me to be a man. But my beautiful mother has taught me the ways of life. I am grateful for a mother who loves for me and cares for me as much as she does.

A few times in my life where my mom has helped me is with my homework. I ask quite often for her help in my homework and she always does and helps me understand it better. Another thing is she gets us to where we need to be. With school, sports, and other activities we are going in a lot of different directions and my mother helps us all get there when we want to be.
I know that my mother tries very hard to make us all happy and I love her very much and in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
---------------------------------------------------------
Megan's YW group sang a couple songs. One of them was "I Often Go Walking" the other was their own rendition of "I'm So Glad When Mommy Is Home"  this is what I can remember:

I'm so glad when Mommy is home, glad as I can be
Clap my hands and shoult for joy and help with laundry.
Pat her cheeks and ask for what? 10 big bucks!

I think there was another line...I"ll have to ask Megan.

Steve and the kids went way overboard and gave my mom and I matching bracelets. They are charm bracelets and mine has a charm with each of my 5 kids birthstones! It's so beautiful! Thank You!

Dallee turned 7 months old! 7 months...can't even believe it!



She's still just a tiny birdie!

Also Friday evening we went to a banquet at Megan's HS. It was An Academic Banquet. Megan got an award for 4.0 GPA. Good Job Megan!!!


Guess you can't really see her getting her certificate. It was cute, Charlee took off and followed her up there. Everyone laughed. Poor Megan always has a sibling in tow! Thanks Megan for being such a great big sister!
Sweet Charlee

Grandad and Baby D

Grandma and Charlee

Megan and Grandma

Chase and Grandma

Trace and Grandma

Fun Weekend!

1 comment:

Glenna said...

Just caught up on all your blogs. I love reading them. I think you should write a book. You're so good! Want to say again how much fun we had this week-end. I loved being with you on Mother's Day. Like you said it hasn't happened in a long time. I get tears in my eyes when I think about Steve and Megan picking out the charm bracelet for me. That was so sweet of them. I will always treasure it and want to add more charms. Better go. Love you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails