So I don't have time to sit here and write a post...but I am. Today I spent the day painting. Just covering up black marks and scuffs on the wall and trim. I really don't like white trim at this point. Actually its a love-hate kind a deal. I love the way it looks...hate having to paint it. I have spent hours painting the trim in this house. When we first moved here the goofy realtor we had told us our builder didn't offer 2 tone walls. What? That was what everyone was doing. So I bought 5 gallons of white paint and did it myself. PROJECT! with a 9 month old crawling everywhere, (Trace) to boot! Then I found out that of course this builder does 2 tone paint...for $300. I spent $200 on paint and HOURS of labor. I have since spent as many hours trying to maintain it especially the past 2 years for those *occassional* showings! Just one of the random thoughts I had painting today.
Another random thought which is behind todays title...I finally painted over the tiny finger nail polish splotch on the hall wall that got spattered on, oh like 2 years ago. It was just a tiny speck that I had missed when I fixed the mess in the first place and I have just kept ignoring it. I wanted to write of something I found that I hope I never forget and who knows it may help someone else out there in a crunch. One time Trace was in the hall closet and knocked out the basket of finger nail polish. Purple, pink, red, green, blue...you name the color...splotches everywhere! On the wall, and the carpet...oh the carpet. I was sure we were going to have to replace the carpet. I was sick! How do you get finger nail polish out of light beige carpet? My sister in law happened to be here and she said let's google and see what comes up. So we googled how to get finger nail polish out of the carpet. All kinds of things came up...but the one we tried worked a miracle! Believe it or not BARBASOL SHAVING CREAM does the magic trick! . It worked like a charm. We were all in disbelief watching the polish come off the carpet without harming the carpet. Yep to this day no carpet replaced and no polish splotches anywhere and the carpet is not even a little bit discolored! No kidding!
I think that's why I left that tiny splatter on the wall for so long...to remember there really once was finger nail polish on the floor right there. But now even the tiniest of splatters is gone from the wall...no one the wiser! So there you have it...my random tip of the day! If you ever try this...I'd love to hear whether it works as good for you as it did for me. Hopefully my carpet is the only that gets finger nail polish spilled on it!
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment