Charlee and I started the weekend by making cookies. Charlee did very good sprinkling the sprinkles on them!Monday, April 13, 2009
Easter '09
I love Easter. I know that our Savior Jesus Christ suffered greatly so that I might repent of my sins and return to my Father in Heaven. I was struck by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's Conference address last weekend when he spoke of Christ being all alone. No one stood with him in those last hours. Christ knew that no mortal would be by his side. What struck my heart very tenderly was that Christ did not anticipate His Father withdrawing his spirit from him briefly so that Christ would feel what we go through when we suffer spiritual death and do not have the Lord's Spirit with us. I wept tears as I heard this, for some reason it made such an impact on me as to the extent of Christ's sufferings for me. I am so thankful for the belief that I have that I know Christ took our sins upon him and died so that each one of us may be saved. I am thankful to know that 3 days after he was laid in the tomb, he arose on that first glorious Eastern Morn and that I can teach my sweet children that death is not the end, that our spirits and bodies will be reunited once again and we will have eternal life. Sweet is the message of Easter and I love celebrating this special Holiday with my family.
Charlee and I started the weekend by making cookies. Charlee did very good sprinkling the sprinkles on them!
Charlee and I started the weekend by making cookies. Charlee did very good sprinkling the sprinkles on them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















No comments:
Post a Comment