Thursday, March 18, 2010

Calling Any Super Coupon-ing Mamas Out There

Ok so it seems the new big thing is super coupon-ing. (maybe not new, I'm usually behind the curve) but it seems I am seeing more blogs and columns claiming that super couponing or stacking coupons have saved family budgets $800+ a month. Average food budget is around $1000 and I have read claims of dropping that to $200 or less while building up food storage. Seriously?? I usually brush it off and think ah that's nice, but today I've been thinking...does it really work? I just came across coupongals and it sounds almost too good to be true. So I want to know if there are any real life super couponers out there. I think someone we know at least started this because a while back my husband came home saying something about someone getting a load of groceries for $5.47 (or some unheard of amount) and that there were actually sites you could subscribe to that would tell you about coupons or something. I can't remember who it was though. So if you have tried this-successful-or-not, I want to hear!
  • can you really save that much money?
  • is it worth the amount of time it would appear to take?
  • do you save enough to pay for the newspaper subscriptions?
  • how many papers do you subscribe to?
  • how to you even start?...it looks so overwhelming
  • do you run into problems with the stores not taking the coupons?
  • are coupon subscribing sites worth it?
  • is it possible to process all those coupons in line with a baby and a pre-schooler or heaven forbid all 5 children in tow!?

I just want to know if you have tried it and been successful or not. For those of you that don't leave comments, email me sj_mayo@msn.com Thanks!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I am a "couponer", not totally hard core like some but I have saved alot of money and increased my food storage! There are getting to more of us in Twin Falls. I would be glad to give you the low down and help you out. I get 5 sunday papers but if you want to test the waters there are often deals you can do with internet printables and ones from ebay. This week I scored Post Cereal from Albs for under .50 a box!!! We should get together sometime if you would like! I will send you an email with some other info.

idahomayos said...

Thanks Katie...you did score... .50 a box for cereal! Wow! Someone else had emailed me and said they got it for $1 a box and I thought that was a steal. I let my kids go wild and pick whatever they want, if I see it for $2-2.50 a box. I am totally interested! Thanks so much for the info and yes lets get together we could meet at the park and let the kids play or something. Call me sometime when you are in town!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails