I find myself not posting because there are still things I want to get up here (i.e. the Holidays, NFR, Dallee, Basketball, etc.) but I haven't had the time to. So days turn into weeks and eventual months and the snowball effect takes place. So I have resigned myself to just post when I want and let the "catch up" happen when "if" it happens!
I have a new addiction, like I need one of those...but facebook is alot of fun. I find myself rewarding me with a few minutes of facebook time when my chores are done. Otherwise it is too easy to get on there and spent waaay too much time. Since my family all lives far from me it is a great way to feel apart of each others daily lives. Its amazing what a quick comment can do for one's morale! Its been fun finding "old" friends. Some as far back as high school...those are the long gone days! But its fun to see where everyone is and catch a glimpse of their lives. That being said many friends and my family in Colorado have talked about how much snow they have gotten this year. We in Idaho really have had a zero winter. We had a few really cold weeks in December and a few flurries far and few in between. Pretty much a mild winter. I have missed the snow.
We did see some snow this weekend. We were lucky to get to spend the weekend at our friends winter cabin about 1.5 hrs from here in Fairfield. We got to see the glorious white stuff, shovel a bit, sit by the fire, watch hour upon hour of another new addiction...24 the TV series, eat good food and the kids spent the day on Saturday at the ski hill...Soldier Summit...which is owned by Bruce Willis. (Didn't know that until this weekend). Trace went down the big hill. This was only the 2nd time he has gone. Last year (Dec '08) we went as a family and had such a fun time we swore it was our new winter passion. Then we found out we were pregnant...and never went again last winter. Chase went with his 5th grade class and Megan went with her BB team last year. But the kids think it is great fun and have begged to go again. Unfortunately it hasn't happend much but we captured the opportunity this weekend and Steve took the kids up the hill. I stayed at the cabin...I enjoyed the down time by the fire with my little girls. We did venture up the hill and watch the kids the last few hours of the day. I will admit watching my daughter glide down the hill so gracefully made me a bit jealous and I did wish that I was out there. Someday...! Last year when we went, Megan's friend kept Charlee. I remember thinking, "next year, Charlee can come and we'll all be out here" Well as you know the year brought beautiful baby Dallee and so now we have a few more years until we are all out there. I told Megan when she visits from college we'll all be able to go board. (Megan + college = such a bizarre thought...but I know it is just a blink away)
It was a fun weekend. Nothing better than a quiet weekend with family and friends! These are the memories!
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment