Steve used to ski growing up. I grew up in Colorado and you would think I would be a skier, but had never gone. So Steve wanted us to "try" it out. So during the break, we rented some boards, and went to the small ski resort above our house. Oh the "magic" Magic Mountain held for us that day! We had so much fun! Sorry there are no pictures, I was having WAY too much fun "boarding" to bother with the camera! Megan's BFF babysat Charlee for us (thanx Kennedy!) and the rest of us headed for the hills. Right off Trace showed me up. Man is that kid fearless! He was turning laps around me after about 20 minutes. I was so tired of being on my backside, but I was determined not to give up. It took me most of the day before I felt like I "kind of" had this thing down! Trace and I stayed on the "treacherous hill of death" code word in our house for "bunny hill" :) all day. But Chase and Megan found their way down the "big hill" a couple of times. They did great, they said they were scared to death at first. Everyone made it just fine. I think next time Trace & I will be ready for some new adventures down the big hill! Steve wished he had done the board thing so he could have been on his butt all day like the rest of us! :) Now we are one day ahead of him! All in all we had a great day and all really want to go again. Steve said "who knew I was married to a snow boarder! That's HOT!!!" We had loads of fun. I can't wait until Charlee is old enough to join us! Now with a new found hobby, winter might not seem so long and dreary now! Cheers to winter fun!!!
On another note...Can't believe Christmas Break is over. The kids are all back in school. It went way too fast! I enjoyed the kids being home and sleeping in...ok I really enjoyed the sleeping in part :) We had a great couple of weeks! Happy New Year!!!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
how fun. denny and his brothers go on a ski trip every year..last year he took us and the whole family. so much fun. we are going back in february...maybe i'll give the board a try
I grew up skiing (both parents were ski instructors) and was lucky enough to marry someone who was also a great skier so he and my dad got along great!!
I switched to the "dark side" (that's what my parents call snowboarding)and love snowboarding!! It is hard to get started but once you get it- it's so much fun. I do miss the snow and all the fun that comes with it.
That's awesome you guys found a new hobby to do as a family!
I would have loved to see this family experience...great memories to have and enjoy.
Post a Comment