
The past few days I've been feeling a little stressed and kind of felt the weight of the world on my shoulders. Just now as I was cleaning up lunch, I thought "I really am blessed to be able to be home with my kids" so I thought I'm going to make a journal entry on my blessings and that will make the sunshine brighter! So here's 5 of the blessings I am the most thankful for:
1. My husband: He works hard to provide us a good life. He is kind hearted and he is always thinking of other people. He drives a lot with his work and so often he comes home and says I stopped and helped this person with a flat tire, this person was stuck, etc. Other times he will come home and say "I saw this old man trying to push snow, I wanted to stop and help but I was trying to get to a meeting, I should have stopped anyways." He is always helping his clients; pushing cows, burning leaves, unloading a truck load of sheep and saving a lamb from certain death are all recent acts that I can think of off the top of my head he came home and told me about. He so often takes the opportunity to help someone else out. He makes our home fun. He will come home and have alot on his mind but he doesn't for one second let the children know. He goes out of his way to make the kids laugh (sometimes too much;) I couldn't ask for a better dad for our kids. I love you Steve!
2. Being a mother: I am so thankful for my children. Each one of them have so many wonderful qualities. Megan well she is the perfect first child (see post below:) Chase: So tenderhearted. He wants to please and works hard to. Trace my go getter. He is so bright and takes everything in so quickly. I have to stay on my toes with him, I pray that I will have the energy and the wisdom to raise this child. Charlee is my baby doll. She is such a sweet little girl. She brightens my every day and makes me smile. I really am thankful that I have the blessing to be home with my children and take them to school and be there when they come home from school. Thank you Steve for working so hard so I can do this.
3. Family and eternal ties: I am so thankful for our families. I have the best mom and dad ever and I am so blessed to have just as wonderful in laws. I am thankful for great brothers and sisters, mine as well as Steve's. I am thankful for all of our nieces and nephews. I love that even though we have always lived apart, cousins are always so excited to see and play with and love each other. I am thankful for good parents and grandparents that taught us the gospel and raised us in homes full of love.
4. The gospel of Jesus Christ: We recently lost Steve's grandmother. Grandma Lena Mayo was 98 years old and passed away on April 4, 2008. I am so thankful to know that life continues after this one and we have a loving Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ that have a marvelous plan for each one of us. I am thankful for the knowledge that we will once again see Grandma's and Grandpa's that have gotten old and moved on from this earthly life. When little Trace asks me "when will Grandpa Berry come to life again like Jesus did?", I smile inside because even at 4 yrs old, he knew that a year ago when Grandpa Berry died and he saw him lying in the casket that Grandpa Berry really wasn't there and that he will live once again like Jesus. How blessed I feel to be able to teach my children the sweet gospel of Jesus Christ.
5. Good Health: Filling this lost spot is a tough one, I have so many blessings. But I am very thankful for good health. I am so thankful for medical science and dr's that have devoted their lives to finding medicines that cure and protect us. My husband, my children and myself all are all healthy and that is a tremendous blessing.
Sorry this post is kind of personal, but writing it all down sure made me feel better. I can now focus on the good things in life and know that the little things will fall into place. Back to cleaning my house (another great blessing--having a house to clean :)
1. My husband: He works hard to provide us a good life. He is kind hearted and he is always thinking of other people. He drives a lot with his work and so often he comes home and says I stopped and helped this person with a flat tire, this person was stuck, etc. Other times he will come home and say "I saw this old man trying to push snow, I wanted to stop and help but I was trying to get to a meeting, I should have stopped anyways." He is always helping his clients; pushing cows, burning leaves, unloading a truck load of sheep and saving a lamb from certain death are all recent acts that I can think of off the top of my head he came home and told me about. He so often takes the opportunity to help someone else out. He makes our home fun. He will come home and have alot on his mind but he doesn't for one second let the children know. He goes out of his way to make the kids laugh (sometimes too much;) I couldn't ask for a better dad for our kids. I love you Steve!
2. Being a mother: I am so thankful for my children. Each one of them have so many wonderful qualities. Megan well she is the perfect first child (see post below:) Chase: So tenderhearted. He wants to please and works hard to. Trace my go getter. He is so bright and takes everything in so quickly. I have to stay on my toes with him, I pray that I will have the energy and the wisdom to raise this child. Charlee is my baby doll. She is such a sweet little girl. She brightens my every day and makes me smile. I really am thankful that I have the blessing to be home with my children and take them to school and be there when they come home from school. Thank you Steve for working so hard so I can do this.
3. Family and eternal ties: I am so thankful for our families. I have the best mom and dad ever and I am so blessed to have just as wonderful in laws. I am thankful for great brothers and sisters, mine as well as Steve's. I am thankful for all of our nieces and nephews. I love that even though we have always lived apart, cousins are always so excited to see and play with and love each other. I am thankful for good parents and grandparents that taught us the gospel and raised us in homes full of love.
4. The gospel of Jesus Christ: We recently lost Steve's grandmother. Grandma Lena Mayo was 98 years old and passed away on April 4, 2008. I am so thankful to know that life continues after this one and we have a loving Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ that have a marvelous plan for each one of us. I am thankful for the knowledge that we will once again see Grandma's and Grandpa's that have gotten old and moved on from this earthly life. When little Trace asks me "when will Grandpa Berry come to life again like Jesus did?", I smile inside because even at 4 yrs old, he knew that a year ago when Grandpa Berry died and he saw him lying in the casket that Grandpa Berry really wasn't there and that he will live once again like Jesus. How blessed I feel to be able to teach my children the sweet gospel of Jesus Christ.
5. Good Health: Filling this lost spot is a tough one, I have so many blessings. But I am very thankful for good health. I am so thankful for medical science and dr's that have devoted their lives to finding medicines that cure and protect us. My husband, my children and myself all are all healthy and that is a tremendous blessing.
Sorry this post is kind of personal, but writing it all down sure made me feel better. I can now focus on the good things in life and know that the little things will fall into place. Back to cleaning my house (another great blessing--having a house to clean :)








3 comments:
This was another beautiful post by Stacy J. Mayo!!! :) Those are 5 powerful blessings ... Thanks for the bday wishes today - I hope the party never ends!! :) They say on your birthday, the world is yours!!
Just wanted to let you know that I started another blog (website is in the works!!) It contains info about authors and books - check it out! Happy reading to you :) ...
Good job Wendy! Another blog...you are amazing. I'm excited to read it.
Post a Comment