Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Idaho Splendor

May 10, 2009
On Mother's Day after church we went for some sight seeing around our beautiful valley we live in. Twin Falls is world famous for its water falls on the snake river. Here's some pictures of some of the falls at their best as the snow was melting and we have had nice rains this spring. If you ever come through here, stop and call us! We'd love to show you some beautiful sights!

Snake River

Mist from the falls with a nice rainbow

Climbing up some of the canyon wall

Steve, Trace 6, Chase 11 climbing the canyon wall
Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls Idaho, also known as the "Little Niagra"
Megan 14, Chase 11, Stacy, Charlee 3, Trace 6

Megan and Chase--love to see the sibling love!


Stacy and Steve
20 weeks along with # 5
Normally I don't like pg pictures but I went ahead and kept this one because really I don't have many pictures of me pregant.

It was a beautiful day

There's so much water coming down!





Trace found a big rock!

This is called Cauldron Lyn, not a major waterfall but a place where the river is like a lake on top and then gets pretty narrow and alot of water is forced between the rocks. Steve says when the water isn't so high this looks to be about a 20-30 foot drop. That should give you an idea how high the water is!



I love my kids!
Steve and the kids found a hole by the edge, it was kind of nerve racking having them that close to the edge! But a worthy kodak moment

Mother's Day 2008
June 16, 2009
A note about what's happening...I have gotten behind on my posting. School has ended, I need to get Trace's Kindergarten graduation photos posted. Summer life is in full swing. The kids are swimming, we have had one successful swim meet. Hopefully I will get that posted soon. Chase is still in Colorado. 4 weeks is a long time when you don't have one of your kids around! Yesterday I put 23 pints of strawberries in the freezer. Those will be yummy this winter! Today Steve and I spent the day golfing at a company event. My first time golfing beyond mini golf...it was interesting to say the least! Had a fun time with a nice steak dinner to end the day.
At the moment my family is enjoying a soak in the hot tub...I can't soak (miss those nightly soaks!) but I am going to go soak my feet!

3 comments:

A Farmer's Wife said...

BEAUTIFUL family!!! Beautiful pictures!!! You should take more pg pictures...You look GREAT!!!

Chase seems to be thriving! He and your Mom memorized ALL of the Articles of Faith and each earned a candy bar last Sunday in Primary!!!

sharon said...

wow, beautiful water falls. Looks like fun! We will be heading up to Iowa in 2 wks for family reunion and vacationing. I'm really looking forward to getting out of Oklahoma for a while.

Glenna said...

Just took time to check your blog...finally...Those water pictures are so pretty. Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails